What is this Statement?
NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal information you provide to us will remain private and be used for the purposes set out below. While NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. by law may not be subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)(the Privacy Act) or other privacy legislation, we have elected to “opt – in” to the Privacy Act to reflect our commitment to privacy and the protection of your personal information.
This Statement explains how we handle your personal information. Please read it and if you have any questions you can contact us using the details set out at the end of this Statement.
Your Personal Information
NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. may hold personal information including your:
- Current and previous addresses;
- Telephone/facsimile contact numbers;
- Email address;
- Images from events you have attended;
- Employer name; and
- Your position title.
We may also hold details of NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. events you have attended or which you indicated you would attend.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone, email, Linkedin or in documents such as applications or feedback forms;
- From your authorised representative, such as your employer or persons who have responded to event invites on your behalf;
- From members of the NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. Committee; and /or
- From associates of yours who indicate your potential interest in NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. Events.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- Identify and inform you about NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. events;
- Provide you with updates, articles, information, news and matters of interest in the insurance industry;
- Meet education regulatory reporting and compliance;
- Improve our events; and
- Secure sponsors. In this case, we will provide only your position title and the industry type of your employer (i.e. Insurer, third party assessor, etc.) to potential sponsors.
If you do not wish to receive information about NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. events or to receive updates, articles, information, news and matters of interest in the insurance industry you may inform us at any time by email at email@example.com.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. such as:
- Outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including:
- Information technology and data storage service providers; and
- Mailing systems operators;
- Your authorised representatives, which may include your employer;
- Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law;
- Our professional advisers, including our auditors and lawyers; and
- Potential sponsors. As noted above, in this case, we will provide only your position title and employer industry type to potential sponsors.
Where personal information is supplied to another organisation or person, we will seek to have it protected by a contract of non-disclosure that restricts the receiving party from using it for any purpose other than the one specified – commercial or non-commercial.
NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. may engage online storage providers who indicate that they retain information within servers in Australia.
We are also legally obliged to maintain a register of all members which is available for inspection by any member. That register contains your name and contact details. If you do not wish your contact details to be available for inspection by other members you may inform us at any time by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of your personal information that we collect and hold. We restrict access to it and limit access to those people that need to use it for the purposes set out above.
Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information;
- Keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your postal and email address; and
- If you find that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us to have it corrected.
You Can Access Your Information
NSW Claims Discussion Group Inc. will, on request, provide you with information about you which is readily accessible, and which may lawfully be provided. Your request to provide information must be in writing and will be provided to you as soon as practically possible. We reserve the right to charge a fee for copying of any relevant documents.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised, you are entitled to express your dissatisfaction. We will respond to your complaint as soon as possible but within two working days, to let you know who is responsible for managing your complaint. It is expected that all complaints will be resolved within three working days. When this is not possible, we will contact you within that time to let you know how long we estimate it will take to resolve the complaint.
If you have any queries in relation to privacy, please contact us by email at email@example.com.